Nutshell click-to-call allows you to call your contacts from Nutshell.
How does it work?
- Click a phone number
- The call is immediately launched. We even make sure caller ID shows your number.
- When you hang up (in-browser), Nutshell logs the call for you.
Note: Click-to-call is currently optimized for the most recent versions of Google Chrome.
Use your laptop’s built-in microphone and speakers or a computer headset. Users may optionally record calls, add notes, and log activities.
- Go to My Account settings > Phone
- Click Click-to-call
- Enter your phone number (the number Nutshell will call to validate your phone number)
- Enter a Caller ID name (this can be a name or a number that Nutshell will display on the receiver's caller ID). Note: This only works with landline phones, not cell phones or phone numbers provided by cell phone carriers.
- Click Call Me. Nutshell will then call you to enter a verification code. Enter the verification code shown on your screen via your touch-tone keypad, and it will automatically save.
- Click a phone number to start calling your contacts. If this is your first call, Nutshell will ask your browser permission to use the microphone, which must be enabled to call.
Nutshell gives you the option of recording phone calls made from within your browser. If you choose to record a call, Nutshell will attach the audio clip to the logged activity on the company or person page you called from once the call is completed.
When you click a phone number, Nutshell will prompt you to Call & record or to Call.
Enable your microphone
Mute a call
- Simply click the Mute button in the call bar to mute/un-mute the call.
- Click the keypad in the call bar to enter an extension or navigate through a menu.
Will the caller ID work with my cell phone?
Caller ID only works when the call is made from a landline, not from a cell phone.
Do I need to include the country code?
Can I add multiple phone numbers I want to call from?
Yes! You'll need to add each phone number to Nutshell. Once we've verified your phone, Nutshell won't ask you to verify it in the future if you change your phone number.
I don't have a direct number. Can Nutshell validate my extension so I can make calls?
Nutshell doesn't support validating extensions at this time, but you can make calls to extensions with the keypad.
My call got logged as a voicemail! What gives?
Nutshell will log all calls under 45 seconds as a voicemail so you don't have to manually change the activity type to "Voicemail."
What happens when the the call drops, when the other party doesn't answer, or if the line is busy?
Nutshell will log the activity with the "Unanswered call" activity type.
Do RingCentral and Skype log calls or record calls?
Currently, RingCentral and Skype do not automatically log calls or record calls.
What countries can I call?
Contact Nutshell Support for a list of countries you can call!
Are there limitations to the number of calls I can make?
Trial users are limited to 20 calls. If you have a paid account, contact Nutshell Support to discuss call limits.
What if I don't want to log an unanswered call, or a call I don't want to count toward my call quota?
After completing a call from your browser, click "Don't save this call." The call will not be logged, and it will not be reflected in your call quota.