Assign leads to your reps so they know exactly which deals they're in charge of.
There are a variety of ways to assign leads to your reps. Click on each one to learn how!
- Assign during the lead creation process
- Assign or reassign from an individual lead page
- Assign or reassign multiple leads from the Leads page
- Assign during an import
- Automatically assign leads to your reps
- Round-robin distribute leads
If you're in the process of manually creating a lead, you'll have the option to choose the assignment. By default, Nutshell shows yourself as the assignee; clicking into this field will allow you to assign the lead to whomever you'd like.
Clicking to remove the current assignee will create an unassigned lead, or automatically distribute leads according to your user assignment rules.
- Navigate to a lead
- Click Assigned to
- Click the Reassign button
- Choose the user. Your choice is automatically saved!
You can bulk reassign leads with ease!
- Navigate to the Leads page
- Check the boxes next to the leads you wish to reassign and click Edit, or filter down your list and click Edit all
- Next to Assignment, click Type to search
- Click Apply Changes
You can easily assign leads to users during an import. Add a new column to your CSV file, then add the name of the user (case sensitive) to each row.
Set up rules to trigger automatic lead distribution and define which sales rep leads should be assigned to. These rules will trigger whenever a new lead is added to your account via a web form or via an import.
To apply your auto-assignment rules when you create leads manually in Nutshell, select Auto-assign from the assignment dropdown. Choosing the name of a teammate or team in this dropdown will override any existing automatic assignment rules.
Administrators can set up your rules to auto-assign leads on the User Assignment page in the Setup menu.
By default, if you do not set up any rules, your new leads will be unassigned.
Any leads coming in that don't apply to the rules you set up will be assigned by default to the user or team you select as the default user assignment (located at the top of your list of rules).
When you select a team as the default assignee, you can check the box next to Round-robin to automatically distribute the leads evenly amongst the members of the team.
You can choose a single user or an entire team to be assigned your new leads. If you select a team, you can round-robin your leads among the members of that team or keep the leads assigned to the entire team. The latter is a good option for when your team tends to select their leads from a pool.
Rules can be applied based on:
- Company Type
The rules are examined from top to bottom, and the first matching rule is used first.
Remove or add new rules
To add a new rule, click on the + on the right side of the rule. To remove a rule, hover over the assignment rule until the red X appears in the upper left corner.
Nutshell's automatic lead distribution rules can be set up for round robin user assignment. All users who should be part of the round robin assignment need to be added to a team under Company settings > Users & teams in Nutshell.
After the team has been created, you can assign lead distribution rules to a team.
- Click Company settings > User assignment
- If you have set up assignment rules already, click Then assign the lead to… and choose your desired team. If you are creating a default user assignment for all leads (without any rules in place), or you are creating a catch-all for leads that don't meet your user assignment criteria, select a team under the Default User Assignment drop-down.
- Check the Round-robin to members box