Assign leads to your reps so they know exactly which deals they're in charge of winning.
There are a variety of ways to assign leads to your reps. Click on each one to learn how!
- Assign during the lead creation process
- Assign or reassign from an individual lead page
- Assign or reassign multiple leads from the Leads page
- Assign during an import
- Automatically assign leads to your reps
- Round-robin distribute leads
If you're in the process of manually creating a lead, you'll have the option to choose the assignment. By default, Nutshell shows yourself as the assignee; clicking into this field will allow you to assign the lead to whomever you'd like.
Clicking to remove the current assignee will create an unassigned lead, or automatically distribute leads according to your user assignment rules.
- Navigate to a lead
- Click Assigned to
- Click the Reassign button
- Choose the user. Your choice is automatically saved!
You can bulk reassign leads with ease!
- Navigate to the Leads page
- Check the boxes next to the leads you wish to reassign and click Edit, or filter down your list and click Edit all
- Next to Assignment, click Type to search
- Click Apply Changes
You can easily assign leads to users during an import. Add a new column to your CSV file, then add the name of the user (case sensitive) to each row. Be sure you are spelling your assignee's name exactly the same in your file and in their Nutshell user profile! Click here for full importing instructions.
Set up rules to trigger automatic lead assignment amongst your sales reps. These rules will trigger whenever a new lead is added to one of your pipelines via a web form or an import.
To apply your auto-assignment rules when you create leads manually in Nutshell, select Auto-assign from the assignment dropdown. Choosing the name of a teammate or team in this dropdown will override any existing automatic assignment rules.
User assignment rules are included in Nutshell sales automation, and trigger based on what stage a lead is in throughout your pipeline.
By default, if you do not set up any user assignment, your new leads will be unassigned or assigned to their creator if added individually.
When you select a team as the assignee for leads entering a pipeline stage, you can check the box next to Round-robin to automatically distribute the leads evenly amongst the members of the team.