Select the email client you prefer to email from when you click on any email address in Nutshell.
When you click on an email address in Nutshell, your computer automatically opens an email client. You can customize which email client opens the email.
Navigate to Gmail.
- Click the double diamonds icon in the address bar on the far right, near the bookmark icon.
- When prompted by "Allow mail.google.com", Select Allow.
For more information about Google Chrome and allowing sites to open special types of links, visit Google Chrome Support.
Click the Chrome menu on the browser toolbar.
- Open Firefox Preferences
- Click on “Applications” tab
- Locate “mailto” under the ‘Content Type’ tab and change the action to your preferred email client.
For Gmail, download the Google Toolbar.
- Click wrench icon in the near the top right of IE.
- In the "Web-browsing tools" section, select "Use Gmail for 'Mail To' links"
- Click Save
For Outlook, Windows will automatically use your default email program. Internet Explorer > Gear Icon > Internet Options > Programs > Set Programs > Set program access and computer defaults
- Open Safari > click Safari in the Menu Bar
- Click Safari Extensions > In the Search Extensions search field, search for "Mailto"
- Select the "Mailto:" > Click Install Now
- Choose the email client you prefer, and it will automatically save.
- Restart your browser for the changes to take effect