The data you store in Nutshell belongs to you. Our export tools and open API make it easy to work with your data in any way you want.
Exporting Companies, People, and Leads
To export your Companies and People, go to the appropriate page.
- Toggle the columns you wish to be visible in your export
- Check the boxes next to the row(s) you wish to export or check the select all box
- Click Export
- Click "Your export is being processed…" to monitor the progress of the export
Note that administrators can limit the ability of users to generate exports. This option is configurable in General Settings.
Exporting Leads via reports
You can export your Leads from Nutshell reports. From the reporting tab within Nutshell, you can customize the lead data you would like to export and then select "Download lead list" from the menu. You can also explore the same data in a chart, or in more detail, by selecting the corresponding menu item from the dropdown list. Read more about Nutshell's reports.
Export backups - all data
Administrators can generate full exports, and Nutshell will bundle this collection of CSV files into an easy-to-manage .ZIP file.
- Click your Nutshell avatar icon in the lower-left
- Click Company Settings
- Click Export
- Click Create full export
Export via API
You can also use the API to access your data or to generate full backups/exports. See Nutshell API documentation for more details.
What files are included in a full export?
The following files can be included in a full export:
- Accounts (Also known as Companies)
- Contacts (Also known as People)