Learn how to easily import contacts from Office 365, Google, Highrise, and Outlook into your Nutshell account in a matter of clicks.
You can also import directly from a spreadsheet. Check out this article to see how.
Importing contacts from Office 365
Nutshell connects to your Office 365 account to directly import your contacts: no need to manually keep track of adding contacts to your CRM!
Looking to add contacts from your Office 365 inbox into Nutshell? Check out our Outlook add-in to bring the power of Nutshell directly to your email.
1. Set up your Office 365 integration in your personal account settings. Check the box to give Nutshell permission to access your Office 365 contacts.
2. Click the import wizard link or go to Company settings > Import and choose Office 365.
3. Confirm that the Office 365 account is the correct email address. This means you are connected and ready to import!
If this is not the correct account, go back to step 1 and ensure that you've enabled the correct account there.
4. Select the folder you want to import to Nutshell and click Begin Import.
After a couple of minutes, your import will complete!
Some things to know
- The import de-duplicates on email address if a contact was created in Nutshell, or the Office 365 ID if it originally came from Office 365
- Fields that Nutshell imports from the default Contacts folder are: name, description, phone numbers, email addresses, and physical addresses
- Due to the way that Office 365 allows Nutshell to access information, if a contact is in any folder other than your default Contacts folder, Nutshell can only import the name and primary email address.
Importing contacts from Google
Learn how to import your Google Contacts directly into Nutshell. Save time and the hassle of working with a CSV file.
If you're using the Nutshell + Google Apps integration, you can import directly from Google Contacts. Notes on contacts in Google will be imported as Notes in Nutshell.
Follow these easy steps to prepare the import:
1. In your personal account settings, enable the G Suite integration.
3. Ensure that the correct Google account is connected. If it's not the right account, go back to step 1 and connect with the correct account.
4. Choose the group that you want to import into Nutshell, then click Begin Import.
After a few minutes, your import will finish up and your contacts will be in Nutshell!
Why can't I keep a two-way sync with Google Contacts?
While we continue to explore a syncing feature with Google Contacts, there are a lot of roadblocks that currently prevent this. Companies with hundreds of thousands of contacts can't effectively manage them in Google Contacts. Nutshell's clever de-duplication would cause your contacts to be merged with your colleagues', and permissions can't be managed in Google Contacts.
It's not an impossible feat, and we'll let you know as we make progress on this. In the meantime, our beautiful Android and iPhone applications provide a great solution for accessing your entire collection of contacts and accounts from the road -- with rapid find-as-you-type support for hundreds of thousands of contacts.