Create a Person by scanning business cards with Nutshell!
Everyone has business cards, but it can be so difficult to sort through them and not lose them. Nutshell makes managing your business cards easy!
- For iPhone, tap the + icon at the bottom middle of the screen
- For Android, tap the menu button in the top left of the screen, and then the + icon in the lower right of the menu that appears.
- Tap the Business card icon, then keep your device in portrait mode (not landscape mode) and align the card to fill the width of your screen. Next, tap the camera icon to take a photo. Choose either accept to move forward, or delete to re-take the photo.
- Once you accept, you’ll be prompted to scan the backside of the card or to upload the business card.
- Once you submit the card, we'll process the photo, and once it's processed, you’ll receive a notification.
- After completion, the photo will be stored as a file attachment that’s viewable on the web version of Nutshell. It will be attached to the Person that was created from the business card scan.
How long does the scan take?
Cards will typically finish processing in 5-10 minutes.
Can I upload multiple cards at the same time?
Nutshell only allows one card to be photographed at a time, but you can scan them one after the other. You don't need to wait for the completion of one card to begin scanning another.
What will the card scanner create?
The Nutshell card scanner will create a Person from the card information. Nutshell Intelligence will create a Company for the person if one exists.
If Intelligence finds an exact name match to an existing company in Nutshell, it will join that person to that company. However, if there is not an exact match made, or there is a new company detected, Nutshell Intelligence will create a new company associated with that new person.
Please sign in to leave a comment.