Learn how to reconnect your Gmail account with Nutshell when your email and calendar sync is not working.
Did you receive an error when you tried to send an email from Nutshell, or sync emails to Nutshell?
Alternatively, did you receive an error saying there was a sync error updating an activity in your Google Calendar
Just follow the easy steps below to re-establish sync with your Gmail account so you can get back to doing what you love.
- Click on your initials in the bottom left corner of Nutshell
- Click on Your Setting and My Integrations
- Click Revoke access next to Sync Nutshell with Google to disable your integration with Google.
- Click Enable and then Save to refresh your sync with Google
- In Google, click the Google account you want to use with Nutshell. Be sure that you get the opportunity to enter your password here — you may need to log out of Google to see your password field on this login screen.
- Click Allow to grant Nutshell access to your Google account.
- In Nutshell, click Email and then click Settings.
- Click Configure next to your Google apps account and make sure to Enable Mail Sync to sync your emails with Nutshell again.
Note: If you were attempting to send a bulk email and your emails failed, after following the steps above, click Retry on any failed emails.
There you have it! After following the steps above, you can click Dismiss or Ignore on any remaining error messages.
Why did the Gmail sync fail?
Gmail integrations fail when there is a change made to your Gmail account’s security settings or login password.
Why did my emails fail to send?
Whenever you send emails with Nutshell, we send those emails to your Gmail. Then, Gmail sends those emails to your recipients. Since these emails are being sent by Gmail, you still have to abide by their rules and restrictions for bulk emailing.
Gmail has restrictions on the number of emails you can send at a single time and in a given day. If you breach those restrictions, they have the right to throttle your emails as well as revoke access to your Gmail account through any third party apps like Nutshell.
To learn more about Google's bulk email restrictions click the links below: