Nutshell’s sales automation eliminates mundane, repetitive data logging and allows your talented salespeople to focus on acquiring, nurturing, and closing leads.
Winning deals shouldn’t be bogged down with confusion around what information and actions need to happen, or who’s responsible for getting it done. Sales automation allows you to define the process for lead handling as your team guides the opportunity to its close.
Benefits of sales automation
Keep your sales team on track
Your sales team will always know exactly what they need to get done each day to move their leads a step closer to the sale. Important tasks will show up on their to do list, and they’ll never be wondering what to do next.
Leads are automatically assigned to the right person for the job, and that person will always know exactly what needs to happen.
Busywork, such as checking to see if a lead received the right email or was invited to a product demo, will no longer hold up your team or distract them from what really wins deals—making human connections!
Forecast and report on sales at a glance
Tired of constantly reminding your team to update their leads? With Nutshell sales automation, your leads will update themselves based on the information your team collects using stage goals.
You’ll be able to understand your pipeline in real time as leads move through your sales process, without needing to chase down your salespeople to ask whether they made that call or sent that email, or if they’ve given a high-value prospect a demo or created a proposal.
How to set it up
- Go to Company settings > Sales automation
- Click Edit on the pipeline of your choosing
Your pipeline encompasses an entire process that your sales team follows to make a sale. A prospect enters your pipeline when you open a new lead. The prospect then remains in the pipeline until the lead is won, lost, or canceled. You can use pipelines to visualize where your lead is in the buying process and to define the specific set of actions your sales reps need to take to get a new customer (or repeat business).
Place leads in the right pipeline
You can set a default pipeline for new leads, and Nutshell Pro customers can create multiple pipelines and assign leads to the correct pipeline.
Each stage is a milestone that brings your open lead closer to a won lead; From acquisition to qualification, to closing. Your business might need two, five, or 10 stages, depending on how your sales team learns about, engages with, and closes the deal with your target prospects.
To move leads efficiently to the next stage, Nutshell Pro customers can create special automations:
- User assignment makes sure that a lead is in the right team member's court when a prospect needs specialized attention or when one of your sales reps is well-positioned to close the deal.
- Stage goals include the information and activities that are needed to move the lead to the next stage. When these goals are met, the lead is automatically advanced in the process.
- Tasks are the repeated to do lists that are relevant to leads in each stage. Automatically remind your sales reps or other teammates what action items they must complete to advance the lead.
- Email is for automated communications to take the delivery of important or time-sensitive information or marketing materials off your team’s plate. Leads can automatically receive MailChimp drip content based on their current stage in your pipeline.
Leads can be assigned to a specific team member when they enter any stage, based on your criteria.
You can create additional rules for special cases when a lead should go to a specific sales rep based on what Nutshell knows about the lead. If a lead meets your criteria for company type, industry, market, products, sources, territory, or value, Nutshell will assign the lead to the team member or entire team of your choosing.
Stop spending your day making sure that leads are in the correct stage and let Nutshell take the wheel! Create stage goals to automatically advance a lead when it fulfills the needs of that stage.
Types of goals
- Collect the required contact information including name, email, and/or phone number
- Determine the value of a lead
- Complete one or more specific activity types such as a connected phone call, meeting, email, or any custom activity type that’s important to your sales process
Some things just need to happen to build a relationship with a prospect. Set up an automated, recurring task list for each stage to keep your sales team on track.
You can optionally include relative due dates for time-sensitive to do items. Due dates may be set based on when the lead was opened when the lead entered the stage, or when the prior task had been completed.
A description of the task can help with onboarding new reps or making sure everyone’s on the same page about what to do.
Communication is key to all relationships, and automated email is by far the easiest way to be sure that your leads are receiving the right information at the right time.
Nutshell integrates with MailChimp for straightforward, user-friendly email campaign management.
You can configure your MailChimp lists to automatically add leads to a drip campaign when they enter a certain stage and remove them when they should no longer receive those emails. Nutshell will automatically add and remove your leads from those lists.
Nutshell integrates with Slack to send automatic notifications about your leads to the Slack channels of your choosing. Stay on top of what's going on with all of the active leads in your pipelines so that no one misses a beat.
Use Nutshell's automated Slack integration to:
- Send notifications when new leads are created
- Send notifications when leads move to a particular stage in the pipeline
- Send notifications when leads are won or lost
Follow through on closed leads
While pipelines are the processes your team uses to win leads, a relationship shouldn’t always end with the acquisition of a new customer or the loss of a sale. When leads are closed, you can specify follow-up tasks based on the lead status.
You might want to create a task list for your order fulfillment team, billing department, or onboarding/customer success team to finalize a sale after the lead has been won. You can add task lists for leads that are lost and canceled as well, so if it wasn’t the right time for someone to buy, you are sure not to drop the ball and miss out when they are ready!
Measure your pipeline
Nutshell Pro customers can learn how to read the funnel report to see the effectiveness of your sales automation by clicking here.