Note: This feature is only available for Gmail and Google Apps users. For information on the full automatic Gmail sync, check out this page.
Emails including a "Nutshell" tag in Gmail will automatically sync to your Nutshell account, and People will be created when the email addresses are not already attached to People in your Nutshell.
- Click your initials/your avatar on the top right next to the bell icon
- Click Email
- Select "Automatically import my email from Gmail"
- Choose Only emails with the tag 'Nutshell'
In Gmail, a "Nutshell" label will automatically be created. You can apply this label to emails that you want to attach inside Nutshell.
Apply the filter to all emails for extended ease of use
To automate this process, set up filters in your Gmail account to automatically apply the Nutshell label to certain emails.
- In the upper right corner of Gmail, click on "Settings"
- Select the Filters tab
- Click "Create a new filter"
- Enter criteria to auto-tag: an email sender or recipient, a subject containing specific text (for example "request for a meeting", "urgent", etc) and so on
- Click on "Create filter with this search" in the lower right side of that form
- Check the box "Apply the label: Nutshell"
- Click "Create filter"
Now your emails will automatically sync into your Nutshell account!