Zapier connects Nutshell to 750+ apps to automate your business data needs! Click here for a full list of available applications.
Connecting Nutshell to Zapier
In Nutshell, follow the instructions in our API article to create a key for Zapier: API keys: Create API keys to integrate 3rd-party apps (Important note: create your API key with the option for API + User Impersonation selected)
- Click the Connected Accounts menu
- In the search dropdown, search for "Nutshell."
- Fill in your Nutshell user email address and API Key
- Enter "app" as the target subdomain
What can a Zapier integration do?
A Trigger is any event in Nutshell that sets your Zap in motion. Here are the triggers Zapier can detect happening in Nutshell:
New Activity (INSTANT)
Triggers when new Activity is created.
New Person (INSTANT)
Triggers when new Person is created. Available values:
- Email address
- Phone number
- Nutshell Link
Lead Won (INSTANT)
Triggers when a Lead is won. When a “won Lead” trigger from Nutshell is fired, we will include information about the related Company and/or related Person. We will include (or "Zap!") the name, email address, and phone number.
New Lead (INSTANT)
A full list of lead fields will be made available when mapping this trigger to a Zapier action. Including all product, market, status, and other information available from a Nutshell Lead. Like the won Lead triggers, when a “new lead” trigger from Nutshell is fired, we willinclude information about the related Company and/or related Person. We will include (or "Zap!") the name, email address, and phone number.
New Company (INSTANT)
Triggers when new Company is created.
An Action is an event that is completed in Nutshell automatically when triggered by another app. One example of an Action is submitting a web form to Zapier to create a contact person in Nutshell. The following actions are available in Nutshell:
Create Contact (Person)
People fields available for this action:
- Name, including first and last
- Email Address
- Address (Address, Address 2, City, State, and Postal code)
- Any additional custom fields set up for People
Create a company, person, and lead all at once:
- Lead Name: The optional description field of leads, which becomes the default display name
- Company Name
- Company Type
- Company Industry
- Company Territory
- Person Name
- Person Email
- Person Phone
- Lead Pipeline
- Lead Sources
- Lead Market
- Lead Competitors
- Lead Tags
- Lead Note
People can be found using an exact email address match. If they don’t already exist in Nutshell, we’ll create a new one. Here’s how to do it:
- Add a Nutshell action to Find person
- Add the email address field to search for existing people with that email address
- Check the box to “Create Nutshell Person if it doesn’t exist yet?”
- Scroll down and set up your new Nutshell Person just like you normally would
Companies can be found with an exact name match. Just like we did with People, we’ll create a new Company if they don’t already exist in Nutshell. Here’s how:
- Add a Nutshell action to Find account
- Add the company name field to search for existing companies with that same name
- Check the box to “Create Nutshell Company if it doesn’t exist yet?”
- Scroll down and set up your new Nutshell Company
Find and Update Leads
Leads can even be updated through Zapier and we update them based on an exact Lead ID match. Since the Lead ID isn’t readily visible in Nutshell, we’ll grab it for you. All you need to do is add a Find Lead step to your Zap to search based on email address. Here’s how to do it:
- Create an action to Update Lead
- Click “Add a Search Step” under Existing lead
- Search for leads based on the email address for a lead’s associated company or person
Once you find that lead with an email address match, we’ll grab the ID, and then use that ID to update your existing lead.
Right now, this can be used to update lead stages and lead custom fields. Our team is going to be adding more updating capabilities to Zapier in the future, so stay tuned!
What do I do when my Nutshell Zap reports as 'deprecated'?
If your app has been deprecated, you will want to switch to the new version as soon as possible to make sure you are able to access the most current Zapier functionality updates!
To switch to the new version, login to your Zapier account and select the app version on your Zap that does not specify "Deprecated". When you do this, your Zap will turn off. You will then need to reselect any options, remap any fields and retest your steps. Once you have done that, you can turn your Zap back on again.
You can learn more about Zapier troubleshooting FAQs by clicking here.