Nutshell integrates with MailChimp for easy publishing and sending of email newsletters.
Use MailChimp to automate email marketing drips. You can add Nutshell contacts to MailChimp at the click of a button to add them to your lists and start sending marketing materials, sales collateral, and newsletters.
- Auto create date field for Autoresponder adds a custom date field to MailChimp titled "Nutshell Signup" and automatically sets the date when emails are added through the integration. MailChimp blog post about autoresponder triggers.
Send People to MailChimp
People can be exported from your list using the "Export to MailChimp" link on lower left. Select the people you want to add to MailChimp, choose the list, and decide whether you want to send a welcome email.
MailChimp will prevent duplicate email addresses from being added to your list. If a customer unsubscribes, MailChimp also prevents you from accidentally re-adding their email address back onto a mailing list. If a user unsubscribed on accident and wants to be re-added, check out this MailChimp support article for information on re-adding them to a list.
- Send welcome will trigger the sending of the Final Welcome Email. See this MailChimp knowledge base article.
- Custom fields with the same name in Nutshell and MailChimp will be automatically mapped.
Add leads to MailChimp lists as part of your sales process
Automatically send leads to MailChimp lists and remove them from campaigns at the right time. Email addresses from the first company and all people on the lead will be added to the specified MailChimp list.
MailChimp in Nutshell
MailChimp events sync to Nutshell timelines. You'll see notification banners in company and people timelines for important updates:
More information on MailChimp
There is a free version of MailChimp, but you can also upgrade to a pricing plan based on your number of subscribers.
Check out MailChimp's knowledge base for more information on their features.
What Nutshell data can I export to MailChimp?
The following fields can be exported from Nutshell to MailChimp:
- Email address
- Full address
- Phone number
- Website URLs
- Date, number, and text custom fields that match exactly between Nutshell and MailChimp (Please note that MailChimp limits text fields to 255 characters)
- Company Name (using “Company”)
- Person tags
- Job title
- Last contacted date
- Company type
- Created time
- Person owner
- Person API ID
Can I export my Nutshell contacts to MailChimp segments?
Yes! You can now export your Nutshell Contacts to MailChimp segments by following these easy steps:
- Create segment rules in MailChimp, and create the exact same custom field in Nutshell. If we want to segment by favorite color, for example, the MailChimp list should be based on that custom field.
- For example: If job title = CEO, add to segment 'Executive team, if job title = Marketer, add to segment 'Marketing'.)
- Next, export your list from Nutshell to MailChimp by following the instructions above, taking care to include the custom field you created in your column view before clicking 'Export'. MailChimp will do your segmenting for you!