Connect Nutshell with your Office 365 email account to send email from Nutshell and see Outlook emails inside your Nutshell account. Eliminate the busywork of copying important communication into your CRM!
To establish a link with your Office 365 account and Nutshell:
- Click your user icon on the lower-left of your screen in Nutshell
- Click My Integrations
- In the Sync Nutshell with Office 365 section, click Enable
- You will be taken to an Office 365 authentication page where you can authorize Nutshell to access your account
- After logging in, you will be redirected to your Email settings page to choose your email sync settings
Enable the email sync
When you are connected, the "Enable mail sync" option will appear in your email settings, and you can then proceed with the steps below.
- Click the user icon in the lower-left
- Click Your Email
- Click Settings
- Click Configure next to your email address and check the box to Enable mail sync
Share (or hide) your emails
Nutshell will never share emails that aren't associated with an existing Nutshell contact. After an email has been imported to Nutshell, you can configure two options for sharing:
- Automatically share messages to or from existing Nutshell contacts with users in Nutshell
- Only share messages that you choose
Sharing from your inbox
You have a personal inbox—a place to share and unshare email. You are the only one who can see your inbox.
Emails from mail sync have an option to share with your team or hide from your team.
When you share an email, Nutshell will automatically create people for the sender or recipients.
How to tell whether an email is hidden or visible to your team
Messages that aren't shared with your team have a unique dashed line around them on the timeline, so it's always clear when a message is hidden from other users.
Messages that are shared have a blue and red border, like this:
Are there certain emails you never want in Nutshell—those from HR or payroll tools, or even a family friend? Add address to your personal blacklist, and those messages will never touch our servers, much less appear in Nutshell.
I just received an email, but I don't see it in Nutshell—what gives?
Nutshell checks every few minutes for email to sync, so sometimes it might be a couple emails behind. On the Settings tab, you can see your Sync Status, including the last check and the last email that was synced.
Only some emails have the option to "hide," why is that?
You have the option to share or hide email that has been imported using email sync. Email added with our existing BCC feature is there to stay. (You can still delete them, though!)
Will deleting an email in Outlook also delete that email from inside my Nutshell account?
No. Once synced into your Nutshell account, your emails will persist inside your account even after they have been deleted from your Outlook inbox. You can manually delete them at any time.
Are internal emails shared?
Messages amongst your team will never be automatically shared, whether it's an email about the cupcakes in the office kitchen or an email from your boss.
I just synced my Office 365, but my past emails did not come in. Why not?
Currently, Nutshell's email sync with Office 365 will only sync messages going forward from the time you enabled the sync. Messages sent before this connection is established can be sent in using Nutshell's BCC feature. If Nutshell and Office 365 are disconnected, Nutshell will sync any emails sent or received during that time once the connection is re-established
I'm concerned about the privacy of my emails. What options do I have?
- You can set up a one-way email sync. Un-check the box that says Enable mail sync on the Settings tab. You'll still be able to send email from Nutshell, and you can add any replies into Nutshell manually by forwarding them to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Choose to share no messages with your team. You can decide which messages to share by clicking the Share with everyone button on hidden messages from the Inbox tab.